The Masterbuilt Electric Smoker Brand is built on the tradition with their company values stating they lead the way with “integrity, intelligence, and faith.” This family-run business is known for its strong familial values, innovative products, customer service, and time-tested reputation dating back to 1973. Masterbuilt creates products that will be a statement piece at any barbecue. The company strives to create pieces that customers will use for years and cultivate strong customer relations. The company focuses on giving to the community while upholding the highest standard of business ethics. You will know that investing in Masterbuilt, ensures delicious meat, sustainability, and top-notch ethics.
How To Use A Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Congratulations! You bought yourself one of the best, easy-to-use smokers around. Now what?
First, you have to season your smoker to get rid of any oils leftover from the manufacturing process. Run it for 3 hours as if you were cooking something. More information can be found in this YouTube video.
Now, prepare the smoker by adding water in to it. You can use the main grease tray. Next, put a disposable pan or tin foil pan onto the bottom rack to catch the drippings and avoid mess. Now, preheat your smoker by running it on the highest setting for one hour before putting in your food.
Next, load wood chips. Using the loading tube, turn the handle and slide out the tube, fill it with chips, and then slide it back in and turn it to fill the tray. Two tubes should be enough to fill a tray. Use small wood chips for this and do not overfill it as that would reduce the smoke output. Put more wood chips in when the previously added wood chips stop generating smoke.
After the smoker has been preheated, it’s time to load the meat! Slide the meat onto the racks as quickly as you can. If you like, you can use a grill mat, which makes for better and faster loading. Load the top racks first for meat and poultry and the lower racks for fish. The temperature is highest on top, so put the thick cuts there and the thinner cuts at the bottom.
Now set your smoker for the maximum time and 10 degrees over the required temperature, to ensure your food cooks completely. The smoker has a wired temperature probe for you to check the temperature of your meat. Smoke away!
When your food is done, you can burn a small amount of wood chips to clean out the smoker. Enjoy your deliciously smoked food!
How To Clean Masterbuilt Smoker
When cleaning your smoker, use only natural ingredients and avoid harsh chemicals. Apple cider vinegar and water in a spray bottle in a 50-50% ratio works well, as do organic citrus-based cleaners that are food-safe.
Add some water to the smoker and turn it on to steam the inside. Then, taking a rag or dishcloth, carefully wipe down the racks and the inside walls to clean it of grease, debris, ashes, and pan drippings. For more information, watch the YouTube video here.
How To Use a Masterbuilt Propane Smoker
First, you have to season the smoker.
- Perform soapy water test: CLICK HERE
- Using a rag or sponge, coat the racks and doors with a light coat of cooking oil. Ensure the water pan is in place without any water
- Fill the wood chip tray with 1 cup of wood chips and turn the smoker on.
- Close the door and run the smoker for about an hour. Ensure the temperature reaches 350°F (177°C).
- Allow the smoker to cool completely, then re-apply a light coat of cooking oil to racks and walls.
- Restart the smoker for 20 minutes
* Cure your smoker periodically to prevent excessive rust.
More information in this YouTube video.
Do You Soak Wood Chips For Masterbuilt Electric Smoker?
Both dry or pre-soaked wood chips can be used in your Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. Dry chips will burn faster and produce a more intense smoke, while chips pre-soaked in water for about 30 minutes will burn slower and produce a less intense smoke.
More information can be found here.
How To Season Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Before using, season your smoker to get rid of any oils produced in the manufacturing process. 1. Ensure the water pan is in place without any water.
- Set temperature to 275°F (135°C) and run the unit for 3 hours.
- During the last 45 minutes, add half a cup of wood chips.
- Add a maximum of half a cup of wood chips at a time, and do not add any additional chips until the previously added chips have stopped smoking.
More information can be found here.
How To Smoke A Ham In A Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
It typically takes 20 minutes per pound to smoke ham. The temperature of the ham at the thickest part should be 140 – 160°F (60 – 71°C). It can take around 3 to 5 hours. For a great step by step guide on this try this really good guide.
How To Smoke A Turkey In A Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
- First, buy a turkey that fits inside the smoker! Recommended sizes are about 12-14lbs. (5-6 kg)
- Thaw the turkey completely. If the turkey was frozen, place it in a pan in the refrigerator. It will take 2-3 days to completely thaw but do not leave it out to thaw more quickly.
- Remove the neck and giblets.
- Thoroughly rinse the bird with cool water.
- Pat dry the bird with plenty of paper towels.
- Preheat to 225°F (107°C).
- At 30-40 minutes per lb, at an inside temperature of 165°F (74°C), your turkey will take approximately 6-7 hours to cook fully.
- Check the temperature after the first 3 hours, and then every 45 minutes to maintain optimal temperature.
Where Are Masterbuilt Smokers Made?
Masterbuilt is a family-run business that was founded in 1973 by the McLemore family in Ohio, in the US. They currently manufacture their smokers in China.
How To Smoke Ribs
- Preheat to 225°F (107°C).
- Fill the water pan with water and load the wood chips. Hickory and mesquite after both popular chips for smoking ribs, but feel free to try anything you want!
- Smoke the ribs for 3 hours at 225°F (107°C).
- Remove the ribs from the racks and wrap them in aluminum foil. Before wrapping them up, pour a little liquid (about ⅛ of a cup) into them to enhance the steaming process to tenderize the ribs. Popular choices include fruit juices, wine and beer.
- Smoke them for another 2 hours
- Remove the ribs and coat them again with any sauces or flavorings you want.
- Put them directly on the racks for 1 hour.
Where To Buy Masterbuilt Smokers
A full list of the new Masterbuilt range can be found here.
And more choice from Masterbuilt can also be found here.