- 1/2 CUP KOSHER SALT
- 1 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 1 GALLON WATER
- WHOLE CHICKEN
- TRAEGER BIG GAME RUB
- 1 TSP GARLIC, MINCED
- 1 (3 TO 3 1/2 LB) WHOLE CHICKEN
- 1 LEMON, HALVED
- 1 MEDIUM YELLOW ONION, QUARTERED
- 3 WHOLE GARLIC CLOVES
- 4-5 SPRIGS THYME
- For the Brine: Dissolve the genuine salt and dark-colored sugar in 1 gallon of water. When broken down, place the chicken in the saline solution and refrigerate medium-term. Ensure chicken is wholly submerged overloading it if essential.
- At the point when prepared to cook, set the Traeger to 225℉ and preheat, cover shut for 15 minutes.
- While the flame broil preheats, expel the chicken from the saline solution and pat dry. Rub with the minced garlic and Big Game rub.
- Next, stuff the hole with the lemon, onion, garlic, and thyme. Tie the legs together.
- Spot chicken legitimately on the flame broil mesh and smoke for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a moment read thermometer peruses 160℉ when embedded into the thickest piece of the bosom.
- The completed inside temperature will ascend to 165℉ in the bosom as the chicken rests. Enjoy!